“Celebrate and Share What Makes You Tick”
Do you get excited when someone gives you valuable free stuff?
And you barely have to lift a finger to get it?
Do you get really excited when the value turns out to be way more than expected?
Yeah, I do too!
I foreshadowed a new and free guide you can only get here a few weeks ago and…
The Personal User Guide is finally here!
You can sign up for instant access or read on if you need an explanation of the benefits.
What It Is
This is an organized instruction manual dedicated to you. Think of it as a framework for you to build what’s important in your life.
Better yet, this template explains why the important things are important and how you go about getting them. Completing this will make it simple to communicate many things to others (and to yourself when you need a reminder) like:
- The belief systems you follow and the significance of certain relationships in your life
- How you want people to engage you and how you like to engage with others
- Your goals, areas of growth, and ways to generate certain feelings or actions
And once this is complete, you have a package of information to share with someone that would otherwise take forever for them to learn.
It’s also simple, easy to navigate, and… did I mention enjoyable?
And it’s free!
Why This Exists
For the full context of why this exists, a short story is in order.
In my corporate days, I was the guy who wrote unofficial user guides for the systems and processes used by co-workers. The problem was they were technical, overly detailed, and not easy to follow. I had no doubt they could be fantastic resources for how systems and processes worked (or didn’t work), but the value was unclear.
Basically, there were flaws that made the user guides a questionable use of time.
- Nobody else wanted to keep the document current and accurate
- The enjoyment of creating them didn’t translate into a great user experience
- People were overwhelmed and didn’t know where to find the key information
- The legitimacy was questioned since they weren’t created by the owner of the system or process
Eventually, I thought about how other people in my life would appreciate a user guide about me. After all, I was certainly more complex and confusing than a business system or process.
And even more, I had changed just about everything that previously defined me and made me tick during my personal renaissance. Misunderstandings were everywhere because people no longer understood what drove me. I thought:
Could a personal user guide concisely communicate who I am now, why I am who I am, and how it came to be this way?
I had to find out.
The problem was there weren’t templates for this or instructions on how to create one.
So I happily took on the challenge of what it would look like, how detailed it would be, and what I would gain from the experience. I suspected that, after I finished my own personal user guide, other people would enjoy and benefit from the same experience.
And as a result, The Personal User Guide template was born.
This was created to help you make sense of your world and to help others get the best experience from interacting with you. Although this is intended for everyone, it’s especially useful if you struggle with communication issues, misunderstandings, or having people “get you.” It’s the best resource around to take the mystery out of understanding what drives you.
How This Benefits You (and Those Around You)
Before I created my own personal user guide, I asked myself these questions:
- What kind of a person needs a personal user guide?
- Why would I want to share personal details with someone I may not even know?
- What kind of a person wants to spend time completing a personal user guide?
- Is the burden of keeping the content current and accurate too much of a time sink?
- How can completing a personal user guide be enjoyable, thought provoking, and actionable?
- Are the rules for how we operate so contextual that generalizing them is worth the effort?
- How can I make this more than a biography – unique from facts shared on social media websites or blogs – and totally unlike anything else?
The goal here wasn’t to answer all questions, potential issues, and have this be totally comprehensive. After all, nobody is so simple that what makes them tick can be fully explained in a few pages.
But I was able to answer all these questions and the result is pretty amazing (if I do say so myself)!
Even unbiased people who reviewed early versions were fascinated and surprised. Not just at the novelty but at the usefulness too.
So how does this benefit you?
- You give yourself the great gift of awareness by giving others a window into what makes you tick
- Helping others learn about you also helps you learn about yourself. Irreplaceable insight is a result by viewing yourself through the eyes of others and how you want to be perceived
- You have a package of information to share with someone that would otherwise take forever for them to learn
- It creates the framework to logically document what is seemingly unexplainable about you
And that’s just for starters. You’ll probably think of many more benefits after completing this valuable template.
What’s In It
Here’s a high level look at the sections of the guide:
- How I Interact with the World
- Belief Systems and Blueprints
- The Role of My Relationships
- The “Do”s and “Don’t”s of Communicating with Me
- My Schedule
- How to Make Me Feel or Act…
- Goals and Areas of Growth
- Things I Like to Do and Why
- When Trouble Occurs
- Special Notes
- Create Your Own Section
Do This for You
Results will vary, like anything in life, so I don’t want to over-promise what each person will get out of this. And I doubt you’ll find enlightenment from completing The Personal User Guide (if you do, let me know).
Just keep in mind I wouldn’t ask you to spend your time on this if I didn’t truly believe it will be of great value.
Most importantly, do this for yourself. If it’s valuable to other people too that’s a huge bonus.
By signing up for free access to the Refuge of Simplicity and newsletter, you’ll get much more than just The Personal User Guide. You’ll also get instant access to the full Spreadsheet Spotlights, the bonus Value of Simple Declaration images, early versions of products and services, direct access to me, and the ability to shape this community we’re building.
Get this for free right now and thank yourself later.
You and everyone else win by celebrating what makes you tick.