And more than 59,000 miles!
You battled tirelessly. And after all that hard work, you are the winner of…”
If you’re a contestant on the TV show The Amazing Race, Phil Keoghan (the host) ends that sentence with, “The Amazing Race!”
But you and I will never be on a show called “The Amazing Race.” We’ll just be in an amazing race at various points in our lives.
It could be a daily race to get the kids to school or an annual race to get invitations out for a birthday party. Perhaps it’s an insane race to finish a project before your window permanently closes. You know, like writing that time-sensitive eBook or planning your wedding.
I can’t help you plan your wedding – and stop me if I ever try – but I can help you write that eBook.
I can help you with digital projects that you’re already working on or are still a distant dream.
Online coaching, consulting, speaking, event hosting, micro-magazine, or monthly subscription service? I gotcha covered.
Digital books, audio series, instructional videos, phone apps, online platforms, and websites? I gotcha covered.
The Digital Launch Playbook just finished its own amazing race! And now I can help you make your journey to an awesome finish possible.
The Digital Launch Back Story
Read the announcement post introducing The Digital Launch Playbook if you like, but I tell ya what. This has been a wild ride!
Empowering myself to achieve cyberspace awesomeness and then creating a resource for other people to build their digital dream project wasn’t easy.
But it was fun. It was full of purpose. Filled with the meaning that I was working on a product that would enable the launch and success of so many other digital projects.
Often all the stuff that goes into an online project launch isn’t simple. There are complex calculations to make about where your time, energy, and other resources are best spent.
I know this all too well. So if a digital project were The Amazing Race, the math would look like this:
- Six continents = The milestones you pass in getting your big idea into the world. Milestones like validating the concept, a working first draft, a pre-launch or pre-selling period, the big launch (woohoo!), and settling into business as usual.
- Twenty-eight countries = All the main task categories you want or have to do at some point. Those include marketing, community involvement, idea generation, content creation, sales, digital infrastructure, distribution, testing, security, and strategy (just to name a few).
- Sixty-seven cities = All the sub-categories of tasks under these bigger categories. Stuff like customer service, surveys, advertising, graphic design, website development, payment processes, outreach…sometimes it seems endless.
- 59,000 miles = The raw energy, money, time, and resources you invest in the project. All the emails, logistics, hours spent writing or editing, and conversations with friends and peers. Each micro-action has the potential to be a horrifying, thrilling, depressing, and stimulating little thing that gets you to the finish line (hopefully in one physical and mental piece).
I created The Digital Launch Playbook with all this in mind.
For the novice who needs help to understand how a digital project team works together. For the intermediate launcher who has done “OK” in the past and wants to be big-time now. For the advanced pro who wants to maximize every drop of uberness from their launch…and a pre-launch and post-launch too.
To all these people I say, “Let’s freakin’ do this!”
I’m making a lot of promises with The Digital Launch Playbook.
I promised myself no more digital projects without a logical sequence of events from concept to post-launch. No more hunting for a hundred different resources with all the tasks categories and sub-categories I could or should do.
And no more lack of a template for starting, finishing, and capturing the best practices for hundreds of tasks.
Our projects are supposed to be enjoyable, right? Whether it’s a hobby or you’re trying to make a dollar, it shouldn’t feel like you’re getting dragged through the mud all the time.
So huge digital project problems had to be solved in a unique way by:
- Hundreds of logical, sequential steps (common and uncommon) all in one place for rockin’ any digital launch
- Simple task names, descriptions, and categories prepopulated to save massive time
- Skillfully curated best practices for tasks from launch pros, expert tacticians, and others who have “Been there, done that.”
- Slicing-and-dicing steps by system, process, and the people involved…right down to the day it should get cranked out. So long blind spots!
- A concise, action-packed game plan to sort, filter, export, share, and access your project from anywhere you can open a spreadsheet (i.e. everywhere)
- A new system and fresh skills for repeatable success so our “A-Ha” moments can be taken on at any time
Note: There was a clever 1980s one-hit-wonder band and song reference in there.
But what does all this mean? Because no tool’s doing the dirty work for us.
You know that feeling that you can’t throw enough hours, dollars, and help from above to successfully launch your big deal? It’s a total buzz kill.
Let’s get rid of that feeling.
Let’s get rid of other feelings and obstacles to project accolades and income.
I don’t know about you, but I want to feel jazzed about my marketing and sales process!
I want to know how to and when to use beta-testers, split-testing resources, and security testing for my package of grooviness.
I need to delight people with my customer service and invisible, solid digital infrastructure (so unsexy, but so worth it).
And can I please pull off a pre-launch or post-launch, some polished planning and strategy, rewarding content creation, and steps that generate repeat customers?
As I say on The Digital Launch Playbook sales page, let’s leave the gun-slinging to the big-screen heroes. We don’t need anyone shooting from the hip in your launch.
Want to see and hear more? Click play on the quick two minute video explaining TDLP.
Can’t see the video or you’re reading this via RSS or email? Click here to view this on Value of Simple
…And a Promotion
Not everybody can afford The Digital Launch Playbook. So I’ll come up with periodic contests and scholarships to get it into deserving hands.
And why not start today? Launch day seems like the perfect time to get two people a free download of TDLP.
So here’s the deal. Answer the question below in a comment on this post by 6:00 pm CST on Friday, March 29th. I’ll select two people with the best response for a free copy of TDLP.
How would your life improve if you had a single resource that could guide every aspect of your digital project success?
Man, am I excited to see your responses!
Thank you to those who are taking part in our launch excitement by sharing this post or links to anything related to TDLP!
It’s freakin’ awesome when you have a hand in someone downloading the product and then rocking their projects with it!
I couldn’t do this without the support of our community. You make working so damn hard worth it.
Thanks for helping folks continue to have a simplified, organized, and money wise existence!
P.S. Amit Amin from HappierHuman created a fantastic companion product for TDLP called Keep Your Product Launch on Track. I’ve mentioned Amit on Value of Simple or social media many times and what he’s done with this free bonus product rocks my world (and maybe yours)!
For more details about Keep Your Product Launch on Track, check out the TDLP FAQ or see the glorious details on the sales page. If you want to see what else Amit is up to (and you should), head over to HappierHuman or follow him on Twitter @HappierHuman.