In this episode of the Smart and Simple Matters (SASM) show, I tap into the amazing resources of a professional Daily Money Manager.
I’m consumed with getting the unglamorous nuances of day-to-day money matters right. And in pursuit of this, I’m happy to welcome Carole Evenchik – my go-to resource for all things Daily Money Management – to the SASM show.
In Carole’s 30+ years in the financial industry, she’s seen it all and has a wealth of experience to masterfully help her clients.
Through her business, EvenChecks & Balances, Carole helps seniors, busy professionals, non-traditional households, and everyone else under the sun. It’s a gift to interview someone who can talk about the philosophy of a financially sound life and explain the practical steps for achieving one.
What You’ll Learn
There’s a ton of wisdom to absorb and take action on in this edition of SASM.
In this podcast episode you’ll learn about:
- Why money works for some people and against others
- A story of joy and loss behind a $185,000.00 life insurance check
- Confidently managing debt when you’re first starting out…and allowing yourself to still have fun
- How to move towards auto-pilot in your day-to-day finances
- Having a healthy relationship with money without understanding where your feelings about it came from
- Being empowered up to your capacity…and beyond
- The one question you need to ask to stick with a budget
Right click here to download the MP3
Resources and Items Mentioned in This Episode Include:
- Website: Mint.com
- Website: Manilla.com (affiliate link)
- Website: Society of Financial Service Professionals
- Website: American Association of Daily Money Managers
- Personal Finance Product: Quicken
- Author: Ruth Hayden (recommended by Carole but not discussed)
- Newsletter: Value of Simple
- Social Media: Value of Simple Facebook and Twitter communities
- Carole’s Website: EvenChecks & Balances
- Resource: Joel’s Daily Money Management Hand Guide
- [02:33] Topics covered
- [03:25] Carole’s background and “the insurance bug”
- [06:40] Her financial moment of truth at age 28
- [08:25] A professional’s definition of Daily Money Management and its principles
- [13:45] Emotions and our relationship with money
- [16:26] Empowering clients up to their capacity…and beyond
- [19:59] Free resources for dynamite budgeting and personal finance
- [25:42] Getting your money matters right when you’re young and (maybe) foolish
Awesome Ways to Subscribe to the Show
If you’re not already subscribed for automatic notifications to a new show, please do so with one of the links below
- Click here to download the transcript
Tell Us How You Feel
If you appreciate this specific episode or the Smart and Simple Matters show in general, go to the iTunes page and leave an honest review. Every single review is a huge help and greatly appreciated.
And if you have someone or something you’d like us to cover on an upcoming show, tell us in the comments below.