In this episode of the Smart and Simple Matters (SASM) show, I talk with a guy who radiates inspiration and moves people to take action.
And it’s none other than Pat Flynn of Smart Passive Income fame.
Pat has directly helped tens of thousands of people (me included) with the principles of creating and maintaining passive income streams. Whether it’s through your own products and services, affiliate marketing, apps, advertising, membership communities, eBooks, and more, Pat knows about it all.
And he’s wildly successful in just about any way you can define it. I’m talking things like:
- The love his community expresses for him (read an iTunes review of his podcast and you’ll understand)
- The traditional “how much I make” kind of way (check out his income reports)
- His ability to empower other people’s success
- His influence via the 50,000+ subscribers to his website, over 1.5 million YouTube views, and other staggering numbers that keep going up
- Creating some of the finest “how to” content about online and offline business anywhere on the web
But it’s striking how humble, genuine, and transparent Pat is about his personal and business life. As much as you’ll benefit from hearing about Pat’s success and the insightful actions he recommends in this episode, he’s just as likely to be seen discussing how he’s failed over the years.
My grandpa would call him a mensch. My aunt would call him a sweetheart. And I would call him one of the biggest influencers around in online business, ethics, and personal growth. Even if you don’t have a business or care much about what’s happening online, I’m confident you’ll get a ton from this chat.
It was a thrill to speak with Pat and even more awesome to listen to his wisdom on a range of topics. And now you get to be thrilled and enlightened too!
What You’ll Learn
We have a ton of valuable stuff to share with you so you’ll want to listen to the whole show.
In this episode you’ll learn about:
- Which passive income stream Pat would keep if he had to give up all the rest
- How being laid off can be the greatest thing to happen to someone
- How he launched his first product and made almost $8,000.00 the first month
- The skinny behind “just in time” marketing and why you might need it
- A powerful example why single tasking can be critical for success
- Which one of us has stayed awake for 72 hours straight…and why
Right click here to download the MP3
Resources and Items Mentioned in This Episode Include:
- Websites: GreenAcamedyExam.com, BlueHost (Affiliate link)
- Resources: The Personal User Guide, LEED Study Guides, Evernote
- Books: The 4-Hour Workweek (Affiliate link), Getting Things Done. Pat’s Upcoming Amazon Kindle Book
- Podcasts: Internet Business Mastery
- Challenges: The Continuous Creation Challenge
- Pat’s Social Media Presence: PatOnFacebook.com, Twitter, YouTube, and iTunes
- Joel’s Social Media Presence: Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and iTunes
- [04:48] Pat shares his background and the motivational origin story of his business
- [09:44] Exploring how to create eye popping income numbers in your first year as an entrepreneurship
- [13:49] Using Evernote and other tools to curate
- [19:13] Scenarios, boxes, and the value of single tasking
- [22:03] Which passive income stream Pat would keep if he had to give up all the rest
- [25:33] The personal challenges/experiments we’ve done and are doing
- [31:47] Why Pat’s a family man before anything else
Awesome Ways to Subscribe to the Show
If you’re not already subscribed for automatic notifications of a new show, please do so with one of the links below.
- Click here to download the transcript for podcast 004
Tell Us How You Feel
If you appreciate this specific episode or the Smart and Simple Matters show in general, go to the iTunes page and leave an honest review. Every single review is a huge help and greatly appreciated!
And if you have someone or something you’d like us to cover on an upcoming show, tell us in the comments below.