Email and RSS readers: Please click here to read this on Value of Simple to get free access to what’s mentioned here. Otherwise, you won’t be able to see the form to participate.
They wouldn’t let me get away with it.
A couple of them then said the equivalent of, “Dude. This is the first product you’ve ever launched and we want you to do it right. What you’re creating can help a ton of people, but only if they know it exists and why it’s useful.”
I replied, “But I’m not an Internet Marketer. And I don’t have a team to help me pull off a big product launch.”
The back and forth continued until I agreed to do a few things. This post was one of them so now I’m thrilled to give you an insider’s look of the online course I’ve spent months planning, writing, stressing about, and mentally battling until it’s just right.
Origin Story of Start Investing with $100
Start Investing with $100 is like the first house Melinda and I bought. When we initially investigated it, we thought, “Hey, that’s nice. But maybe there’s something better out there.”
Two months and 40 house showings later, we were talking about our search and Melinda says to me, “So…what was the problem with that house we saw two months ago?” The answer was that there was nothing wrong with it. In fact, it was perfect for us at that moment and we realized we should stop searching for something magically better.
Start Investing with $100 is like that. At first I thought, “Hey, that’s nice. But there are some other projects that might be better.” After many days and much mental strain, all the effort to find something better was a waste. Start Investing with $100 was perfect for me at this moment and ideal for the mission of Value of Simple.
The resistance I encountered came in a couple of forms:
- It was only months ago that I quit my job in the investment industry and now my first product was going to be investing related?! I told myself, “C’mon Joel. You gotta be kidding me! Real original thinking man.”
- I thought about making the wrong impression of the focus and usefulness of Value of Simple. After all, it says right on my About page that personal finance topics not specifically mentioned – and investing isn’t mentioned – “don’t get covered much here”. Would all the people drawn here for the simplicity and organization benefits be turned off?
The decision came down to answering to one question in the end:
What can I build right now, with my current skills and resources, which will help the greatest number of people in the biggest way possible?
The hands down answer was Start Investing with $100 (SIW100).
There’s a huge need for this! I continue to hear from people who aren’t investing and have no good reason. And worse, I hear from people who are intentionally not investing for all the wrong reasons and harming their long-term purchasing power in the process.
If you’re loving what you hear so far, join the pre-launch team now by dropping in your first name and email address to get special pricing, insider bonuses, early access, and a shot at winning free membership!
And for those of you in this refuge of simplicity looking for something other than personal finance stuff, don’t worry. The boys in the back labs of VoS have some awesome things brewing just for you.
What This Is
SIW100 is an online course with modules spaced out over a couple of weeks. It’s intended to solve huge problems with money and how that impacts your ability to plan and enjoy the future. I’m talking problems like you:
- Realize the importance of investing but never take action to start
- Have a small amount of money to invest but no idea how to get started
- Have debt to pay off but feel investing can’t wait until it’s all gone
- Don’t know the difference between a stock and a bond or have never invested in “The Market” before
- Are a solopreneur or small business owner who wants to invest somewhere other than back into your business
- You already invest but question their appropriateness, if they’re diversified, whether they’re beating inflation and taxes, or have unnecessary fees
These pain points (and more) are resolved as each module builds until you’re confidently investing for yourself. It could be with as little as $100, but you’ll ultimately become a poised and knowledgeable investor. Here’s what you can expect at a high level:
- The considerations to make before starting or reevaluating any you’ve already made
- Choosing the best investment account type (e.g. retirement, higher education, plain vanilla) based on your goals
- Selecting an appropriate investment
- Picking the right investment company or organization
- A walkthrough of the account opening process
- Info for placing your first trade
- Various tips and resources to get really awesome at investing down the road
Side note: There’s a bonus I can’t mention because ruining the surprise wouldn’t be any fun.
Each module is supported by a combination of checklists, worksheets and workbooks, relevant examples, case studies, and curated resources.
And everything in SIW100 is relevant for people in the U.S., U.K., Canada, and Australia.
I absolutely love personal finance. And despite my knowledge of topics like Daily Money Management, reducing financial related stress, passive income, and healthy relationships with money, people keep coming back to me for investing insight more than anything else.
It could be related to my decade in the investment industry, managing my own investments since I was 21, or something else.
All I know is I have a passion for this, the skills to help, and the background for it. And it’s the perfect time to get this highly requested resource out there.
There are other resources to get you investing, but only if you have a combination of:
- A huge amount of money
- Prior experience or knowledge of investing
- A desire to turn over full control to an investment pro
- A fondness for paying large fees to have your money managed
A comprehensive course that gives someone like you the education, skills, and resources for investing just doesn’t exist. And that’s unacceptable because investing is so frickin’ important for everyone! Even 2.7 billion people who live on two dollars a day know the power of investing and how much it empowers their future.
A giant personal goal for 2012 was to help a ton of folks in a big way with something that legitimately scares or intimidates the bejesus out of them. That will be accomplished in just a few weeks and I couldn’t be more excited!
Join the Pre-Launch Team
Capitalizing on SIW100 is easy and rewarding when you join the pre-launch team. When you do, you get:
- Pioneer Member exclusive early access
- The opportunity to buy SIW100 at a nifty discount
- Free bonuses in the run up to the launch
- A shot at winning free membership
- The chance to provide feedback and help shape the course. This is for you and I need to see your marks all over it!
I hope you’ll join the team by entering your first name and email address now.
Still reading this via email or RSS? Click here to see the form.
I’m creating this course because I know the pain and unnecessary loss when people don’t invest or take a bad approach to it.
We don’t want our self-worth tied to our net worth, but they can grow at the same time.
SIW100 will not make you rich. It will not give you hot stock tips or make any decisions for you.
But you will come out the other end feeling confident, smart, and excited about your investing future.
Don’t let your fears, intimidation, or lack of knowledge stop you any longer.
Don’t be convinced that whatever amount of money you have is too little to open an account or be worth investing.
And don’t let your debt or business hold you back from investing the way you’ve always hoped you could.
Start Investing with $100 will help.
Join a new generation of smart and confident investors!